Sunday, March 18, 2007

1943 Sept/Oct Operation Speed Bump

The Normandy invasion forced me to give up the dream of taking Russia in 1943, and use all of my operational moves to position myself for a bad weather turn in Russia. I placed speed bumps everywhere so that my supply lines could not be cut. With 2 SA's I find Russia to be much more dangerous.



I used all of my Strat moves to assemble a force in Paris. When it all said and done I hit Normandy with 15 blocks including 7 elite units. The assault cleared Normandy with one SA. Another was used for repositioning throughout Russia and the French coast.



I'd be curious to know what a more experienced player thinks but...

It would seem that while it bought him a turn for Russia's sake, the early Overlord is going to cost the Allied player in the long run. I am assuming the units lost will take too much money/time to build and then ship to Britain. I could be wrong but now HE is the one counting clear weather turns and I think he'll miss one because he won't be fully ready in 1944.

Thoughts?

No comments: